1. Grow Asheville’s Local Character and Inspire Entrepreneurship
2. Encourage Local Decision-Making
3. Increase Environmental Resiliency while Reducing Costs
4. Focus on Collaboration and Healthy Competition
5. Keep Dollars in Asheville’s Local Economy Resulting in More Jobs and Increased Wages
How can you get involved?
We are a community-run, volunteer organization. If you have a locally owned and independent business, membership is free. We feel our strength is in our numbers and we ask you to help spread the word. Additionally, you can join on to our Go Local Card and our Go Local Directory in support of our public schools.
To participate, locally owned businesses must meet these requirements:
1. 50% of the ownership resides locally
2. Your business is not a part of a franchise, chain or publicly-owned corporation.
3. Headquarters must be local with a limited number of outlets, preferably regionally.
Posters are available through Graphics Four downtown, wholesale t-shirts can be purchased through Image 420 or On a Roll Printing and both Malaprop’s Bookstore and Hip Replacements Clothing sell stickers and retail shirts. Thanks to My Newsletter Builder, you can sign up for our newsletter & keep abreast of the latest news.
As a citizen, look for our posters in the windows of participating businesses, buy a Go Local Card and enjoy special offers at over 360 networked establishments. Mark your calendars and celebrate unchained and independent Asheville with us at the Big Love Fest in Pack Square Park on May 5, 2013!
By supporting Asheville Grown Businesses, you are promoting a dynamic living economy as a way of life.
Send us your questions, comments and ideas. Since we are a volunteer-run organization, please be patient. We make every effort to address each e-mail we receive individually as soon as we can.