Small Business Saturday? Small Business Every Day!
While Small Business Saturday is a catchy designation for the day after Black Friday, if you ask folks in Asheville, our motto is “Small Business Every Day!” Asheville’s unique and vibrant culture is like a quilt patchworked with the myriad of locally owned independent businesses and our city values their contribution to our community.
- Locally owned, independent businesses return on average 3 times more money back into our community than chains.
- Local businesses that operate independently of a national headquarters employ more people per dollar of revenue and expand opportunities for local entrepreneurs by using local professional services.
- They consume less land, locate closer to residents and respect our environment, our air, our water and our resources.
- These local businesses also donate more than twice as much per sales dollar to local non-profits, benefits, teams and children’s activities than the chains and multinational businesses.
- Local entrepreneurs seek to fill industry gaps. They cater directly to the needs of the local community and help shape our beautifully unique city.
Throughout the holidays, give a present back to our community by choosing to go local with the purchases you make.